The Job will entail working in our Stripping / Production & Grinding Areas and our Pole Yard doing general duties including:-
- Packing & stacking timbers
- Stripping timbers
- Processing recycled timber poles
- Denailing structural timbers
- Using hand tools
- General Labouring duties
- Assisting in Grinding area (handbrushing) if and when required
- Assisting in Production area if and when required
The job involves some heavy lifting and repetitive work.
- Strong positive proactive work ethic
- Solid work history with references from previous employment
- Someone looking for long term job
- Must enjoy hard work
- No forklift ticket required but an advantage
Continue to demonstrate through your actions commitment to our core company values of:-
- SAFETY! SAFETY! SAFETY!
- Continuous improvement to customer service;
- Family; and
- Respected, work-ready teams.
Kennedys operate a drug, alcohol and smoke free site so the person would be required to undergo a pre-employment illegal drug and alcohol screening and medical. There is also random drug and alcohol audits and screening conducted on a regular basis for all employees. Successful candidate will also need to supply current Police Check and Workcover history.
Hours 38/week – Monday to Thursday 6:45am to 3.15pm & Fridays 6.45am to 1.15pm. Some additional hours outside these may be required. Position available immediately.
There will be a minimum 3 month probationary period. Casual Rate under Timber Industry Award for General Timber Stream applies and this will be based on experience.
To apply for this position please use the form on this page and submit your resume (pdf, doc, docx files accepted).
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview